Our house was built in the year 1464. At that time, 'der Hahnewirt' was one of eleven breweries in Wemding. Hans Schwalber was the first mentioned brewer in 1589. In the year 1826, Josef Strauß sold all the right to brew. All the other breweries in Wemding - except the 'Kreuzwirt' stopped brewing between 1896 and 1914.
Since then, only the inn and the hotels still exist. In the year 1964, Cilli Meyr rebuilt everything except the outer walls. 1973, the old barn had to make way for a new guesthouse. 1996, again renovated, the guesthouse was connected to the main building by the hotel entrance. 2005, a new hall with 130 seats was built in ecological wood construction and new meeting center with newest technology. The new lounge allows champagne reception, coffee breaks or a cocktail at the bar. The beer garden under chestnut tree invites to stay. A small playground pleases our youngest visitors.
To guarantee a convenient stay in a good atmosphere for our guests, the 'Weisser Hahn' is a non-smoker hotel. We are able to reserve some balconied rooms for smokers. Andrea an Thorsten Riedel set themselves to offer good quality in a nice atmosquere to suitable prices.
Since 2001, the nearby horse ranch was opened for horse lovers. Wandering riders hopping from station to station are welcome for a night or for a whole holiday. Ride - Relax - Enjoy.
Try us! Do not only look around in the website ..
family Riedel and team